Read before you apply the following information. Your application will only be accepted when you fill in the digital form and when you send your identity card, application form with signature and a photo for your card to the secretary ( If you have any further questions about the membership after reading the following information, don't hesitate to send an email to the secretary. 

The procedure of registration

When you open the link for the application form, you'll have to fill it in completely. After completion, the secretary will automatically receive your application form. The secretary will then send you an email that he or she received your application form. Please be aware of the following information:

  • Financial information: Please fill in your IBAN-number and your BIC-number.
  • RuG-studentnumber or Hanze-number: Please fill in your S-number from university. When you haven't received your studentnumber yet, you'll have to send it later to the secretary.
  • Last club: When you've played for another Dutch club in the past three years, you'll need a transfer. The transfer will automatically start, once you'll apply.
  • Active member: Think about committees, becoming a referee or taking bar shifts.
  • Introduction weekend: Every year the Taskforce will organise an Introduction Weekend to Schiermonnikoog. It's a good opportunity to meet other new people. As a new member, you will automatically receive the application form for the Introduction Weekend.


The KNVB (Dutch Football Association) makes a classification in two levels: category A and category B. The Knickerbockers 1 - 9 and Ladies 1 - 3 are playing in category A and The Knickerbockers 10 - 18 and Ladies 4 - 8 are playing in category B. 


When you want to play in category A, you'll need to finish your transfer before the 15th of June, although there are two exceptions: 

  • You can also play in category A when you are transferred before the 31th of August, but only if the club you've played at before is more than 30 kilometers away from The Knickerbockers. 
  • You can also play in category B when you are transferred before the 31th of August, but only if your old football club gives permission. 

If you still have questions about the membership, you can send an email to